Thursday, November 18, 2010

I Am Plow.

A plow is a tool used to make the fields easier to plant crops and so they are easier to grow; it is pushed or pulled by a person to be able to use it.
I am not literally a plow, but I can relate to one.  My parents push me to do better. They want me to be better at everything I can do. They just want it to be easier for me in the long run when I get older.

My dad makes me do vocabulary 24/7; in the car going to school, over the summer, whenever he can squeeze it into my schedule. He never takes any of my excuses not to do vocabulary. He always says I’ll thank him when I have to study for ACT. He signs me up for extracurricular activities all the time, so I can learn new things, and not be accustomed to do the same things all the time. He forces me to go on vacations around the world so I can learn about the world, and to think about topics with a wider view.
Both my parents make me take Chinese classes. Everyday. I’ve been taking Chinese ever since I was about 6 years old. I’ve never paid attention to my classes on Sunday, so I still have to take them. My dad wants me to study Chinese in China next year, or to be tutored in Chicago all summer so I can take AP Chinese next year (not happening). I learned Cantonese when I was young, and my mom makes me speak it to her instead of English so I’ll remember the language. It sucks having to take Chinese everyday of the week, but my parents just push me harder to be successful in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment